Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A new year, a new blog.

2011 brought a lot of change into my life, some bad, but mostly, it has all been good.

First, we moved from Washington, down to Oregon. Then, just two weeks later, my husband Matt left for Cuba, where he was supposed to be stationed for 18 months. Did I mention I found out I was pregnant just two weeks before we found out the news of him leaving? When he left, I was just entering my third trimester. So, we had some time to digest the news at least.

On June 19th (two days before my due date), he came back to the US, for 3 weeks of leave, hoping to be there when the baby was born. Just 5 hours after I picked him up from the airport, we got into bed for the night, and about 3 minutes later, my contractions started. We are SO lucky! The timing couldn't have been any more perfect. Our son, Jack Handewith Miller, was born on June 20th, 2011 at 5:06pm, less than 24 hours since I had picked up Matt.

Unfortunately three short weeks later, it was time for Matt to head back to Cuba.

So began my journey of single-ish motherhood. Becoming a mother has brought more change to my life than I could have ever imagined.

One of the biggest changes, is a desire to live an all natural lifestyle. In other words, to be green.

Everyday living has so many harmful chemicals that over time, cause a lot of damage to our bodies.

I've created this blog because I want to share this passion I have with others. With my family, my friends, and even strangers. I want to help educate others and let them know that it is possible to be "green" and frugal. It's not all expensive. In fact, some things can even be LESS expensive!


I said at the beginning of this post, 2011 brought a lot of change, and I want to share with you in the upcoming months, the kind of change it has brought to me and my family, and how you can implement some of these changes into yours.



No comments:

Post a Comment